Creativity

Over the past few months I have been talking to someone who I became acquainted with through facebook via her blog. She has been an inspiration and has got me thinking a lot, and has opened my eyes to some issues in my "professional life" that I feel were holding me back, but I am now more motivated than ever before and am ready to create. So, do the fact that my curing chamber has recently been lined with salt blocks and is now being used as a dry age chamber for beef, I will not be doing as much charcuterie, but hopefully will be able to share thoughts or ideas. I will be posting these ideas (hopefully good) and attempts at these ideas (hopefully succesful) in order for me to create. This being said, I would still love the feedback and for those of you still curing... I will give you my address and would love samples!!!

And please check out my friend Najat's blog.. The Pilgrim Chef. Thank you Najat

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you expanding your horizons.

    Why would you line your curing chamber with salt blocks to dry age beef? When I dry age beef ( usually a 10-15lb rib roast) I just hang it in my beer fridge for 30 days or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man... Im not exactly sure the main purpose of the salt blocks. I need to research that but remember watching a presentation by David Bourke and it his steak house they lined the whole dry age locker with salt. But I'll post some pics so we can see the changes week by week. I think this one is going to be 50+ days so it should be funky

    ReplyDelete